There are five ways to be less lonely in the practice of law:
(1) at the risk of sounding overly sensitive, lawyers should be nicer to one another;
(2) we should practice the skills we use during mediation throughout the life of a case;
(3) as a profession, we should commit to changing the measure of what makes a lawyer successful;
(4) law firms should find ways to encourage lawyers to work more like harmonious units and less like barbers in a barbershop;
(5) we should commit to finding purpose outside the practice of law.